Celebrate the life you have! Birthdays are the one time of year we get to celebrate those closest to us and we should take the opportunity to let them know just how much they are appreciated.
We all know that a unique birthday greeting card is a great way to make the Birthday Person's day memorable. But let’s be honest. Even though it seems simple, writing a perfect birthday card sometimes isn’t the easiest thing to do.
How to write a birthday card
Although some people have no trouble picking up a pen and writing a personal message, others may have difficulty doing so.
Finding the inspiration to write more than just “Happy Birthday” can be really hard, but using a less generic message makes any greeting card that much more special.
To write the ultimate birthday card, we’ve come up with a list of birthday wishes that will make your card more meaningful and memorable for the wonderful person you're sending it to. But, the best way to create the warmest wishes is to mix things up, adding a personal touch. Try bringing up a fond memory or an inside joke just between the two of you. After all, it’s the perfect time to remind someone special how much you value your relationship with them!
General Birthday Card Messages
What to write in a birthday card for a friend or co-worker? Here are a few ideas when "Happy Birthday" just doesn't cut it.
- Hope your [30th] birthday is one to remember!
- Warmest wishes and love on your birthday!
- Wishing you a happy birthday and a blessed year ahead.
- I’m so grateful that you were born. Happy birthday!
- Wherever the year ahead takes you, I hope it’s happy.
- Thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you everything happy.
- Hope all your birthday wishes come true!
- Wishing you all the happiness you deserve.
- I hope your birthday is as special as you are!
- Here is to you getting older and wiser!
- Happy birthday to one of my favorite people in the history of ever.
- Enjoy this special day in celebration of a most wonderful you.
- Happy birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder.
Milestone Birthday Wishes
Every birthday is special, but some deserve a little extra celebration. Injecting a little humor into a milestone birthday card is often the way to go.
- A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journal. Enjoy your next trip around the sun!
- Congratulations on making it through your first quarter century! Happy 25th!
- Did you know 40 is the new 30?
- “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” - Mark Twain
- Wishing you a very happy birthday! You make turning  seem so easy!
- Happy [50th] birthday and welcome to the club.
- Mid-life crisis around the corner… Happy birthday!
- “Youth has no age” - Pablo Picasso
Funny Birthday Greetings
Whether the person has a great sense of humor or just doesn't really look forward to their birthday every year, it's hard to go wrong with a funny birthday card message. Everyone appreciates a good laugh!
- You’re not getting older. You’re just getting a little closer to the end. Happy birthday!
- It’s your birthday. TREAT YO SELF!
- Congrats! You’re another year closer to that senior discount!
- This day used to be ordinary, until you made it awesome!
- Smart, attractive, and funny. But enough about me. Happy birthday!
- Forget about the past because you can’t change it. Forget about the future because you can’t predict it. Forget about the present because I didn’t get you one. Happy Birthday!
- Don’t think of another birthday as getting older, think of it as becoming vintage.
- Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
- It’s scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer.
- Happy center of attention day!
- You’re now old enough to know better than to expect any present from me.
- You might be getting older, but your humor will always be timeless.
- They say with age comes wisdom. And you’re the wisest person I know.
Birthday Wishes for Mom
Moms are the universal givers. Give her the gift of reminding her how much she is loved on her special day. It's the perfect way to wish her a lovely birthday!
- Mom, thank you for all the sacrifices you’ve made for our family. I’m proud to call you my mom. Happy birthday.
- I might not say it enough, but know that I love you and feel so lucky to call you my mom.
- Wishing a beautiful day for my beautiful mom.
- I don’t know where I’d be without you and your love. Happy birthday, Mom.
- Thank you for always being there for me. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you.
- Every mom is special, but trust me, no other mom can compare to you. Happy birthday!
Birthday Wishes for Dad
Chances are your dad means everything to you and your family. Let him know just how much he means to you and how appreciated he is with one of there Heartfelt Messages. It will be sure to put a smile on his face!
- You’re more than just my dad. You’re the greatest man I know.
- Dad, you are my hero and my role model. Happy birthday!
- Thank you for being the greatest pillar of strength in my life. Happy birthday, Dad.
- Happy birthday to the man with all the answers. Have a wonderful birthday, Dad!
- Happy birthday to the hardest working man I know. I’m so proud to call you my Dad.
- I’m so glad to be able to spend your special day with you. Happy birthday Dad!